• Check out the Weekly Events: EVENTS

How to join/rank up in PUBG

Discussion in 'RANKING' started by VanValdenburg, Apr 11, 2017.

1. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg Admin Staff Member PUBG Moderator Donator

We are in need of new Officers/Generals for each Squad.
    Please have a read over here if interested: http://united4games.com/community/threads/platoon-info-team-leaders-must-read.1706/

You can apply for any Squad.
    Please contact the Squads Officers/Generals you apply for on Discord.
    Make sure you have the required score before applying.

Delta Squad:

How to join Delta: you will get Delta automatically after you linked your steam account --> http://united4games.com/community/pages/link-account/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie Squad:

• you need to get approval from our Charlie Officers/Generals. Please understand that the Squad Leaders can not play with everyone. It can take some time and several attempts to join a Squad.
    • you need to have played at least 25 Squad matches
    • you need a "top 10" chance of min 30%
    • you need a squad score of min 1500

How to join Charlie: http://united4games.com/community/applicationform/charlie-squad.6/form

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo Squad:
    • you need to get approval from our Bravo Officers/Generals. Please understand that the Squad Leaders can not play with everyone. It can take some time and several attempts to join a Squad.
    • you need to have played at least 50 Squad matches
    • you need a squad "top 10" chance of min 40%
    • you need a squad score of min 1800
    Please note that even when you fulfill the statistics requirement, a Officer/General can vote against you based on your overall play-style.

How to join Bravo: http://united4games.com/community/applicationform/bravo-squad.5/form

Alpha Squad:
    • you need to get approval from our Alpha Officers/Generals. Please understand that the Squad Leaders can not play with everyone. It can take some time and several attempts to join a Squad.
    • you need to have played at least 100 Squad matches
    • you need a squad "top 10" chance of min 50%
    • you need a squad score of min 2200
    Please note that even when you fulfill the statistics requirement, a Officer/General can vote against you based on your overall play-style.

How to join Alpha: http://united4games.com/community/applicationform/alpha-squad.2/form

ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND NOT FINAL

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Prescott likes this.
  2. VanValdenburg

made some changes please have a look ;)

3. Cotek

Cotek Staff Member Inactive

An amazing and in depth analysis, deffinetly a much needed change and a step in the right direction!

4. Jordan

Jordan Inactive

Liking the system. Good work

5. Timmeehh

Timmeehh Staff Member Inactive

Nice, seems like a cool system!

6. Latvian Viking

Latvian Viking Staff Member Inactive

Yesterday Lazysniper mentioned a good point about bravo squad. Why do you need lvl 3 in discord? You are pushing people to write, even if they don`t wan`t to! For example Nrmxy1. He is a really good player, he is a daily player, with whom i got lot of wins. He is here for a while. however, he doesn`t write much, instead he just says stuff in voice chat. He deserves to be in bravo, also the Lazysniper does. So this thing about discord shouldn`t be the deciding step, could be rank checking in game, how much time you spend here etc, but not the chatting!

7. VanValdenburg

Thanks for the feedback man. Let me tell you my side of view.

Basically you could say the same about the forum registration.
    Nobody wants to register so why should they? :D
    Well if they do not then we would not have this discussion now.

So the question is, who do we want to be in bravo?
    And my answer pretty much would be: "if that person cant reach lvl 3 in discord we dont need him in bravo"
    Its not that it will take you days to get to lvl 3.
    You really just have to post in the chat 23 times to get to rank 3.
    I think that is doable for any person, no matter if they like to chat or not ;)

On rank checking: this is something i do not really want to do for bravo but for alpha squad. Maybe we can have bravo use the 1500 score rank and then alpha a higher one, but the thing with score is also that it depends a lot on your previous team, so i dont want to make it too high after all if at all for bravo at least.

On how much time spend here: this is nothing we can track really in discord, we already use the time based community ranks, the stars but this also needs a forum registration to be triggered, discord is not very good in this regards.

Since you show some decent interest in this matter.
    Why dont you take a try on the team leader position?
    Down the road we need people who help promote players.
    I cant give out all ranks by my own nor manage players and when things like score ranks are involved this need to be checked.
    So as team leader you would report back to the squad/platoon leader me atm, and give advice.
    Pretty much just what you did right here. You asked your team what they need and reported it up the chain of command.
    Then after a week you can rank up to squad leader and have your own team leaders that give you advice.

8. Latvian Viking

I can take that position, and i can also make sure, that rank system actually works. I would suggest like that - For bravo squad 1600 Rank in duos or squads. it is pretty easy to get, with couple of wins, and knowing things about the game. It shows, that you can actually win, and that is all about Bravo squad as it is described. 1500 is easy to get even without winning, so that is simply too low. And after that, Alpha squad. Should be at least 1800. Yes it is reachable, and yes, there will be the best guys who can play serious and win often. And between 1600 and 1800 will be that training gap, to get best of the best out there for Alpha squad. We also need to make sure, that they are keeping constant 1800 rating, because too inconsistant wins won`t be good enough for Alpha. My idea is, to make that Alpha tag great, and Bravo non-useless as it is now.
    As for how much players are online, and how much they play, it is pretty easy to see. I can tell you right now, who is active, who is there pretty much every day, who is talking, and who is just a casual guest. So there is no problem with that! i agree about forum registration!

9. VanValdenburg

Awesome feedback!
    just let me get this straight right away :) , i do not want to have team leaders or me promote players because they "feel" they are active.
    That is exactly what i hated in any clan/community and there will be always someone upset when this happens.
    Ofc i can tell you who is active, but where is the line? Who decides who is worth ranking or not? We need something more here then just a team leader or squad or platoon leader to feel the activity of people. A score ranking is awesome, however this does not mirror the activity in the community. So yes, i want team leaders to make decisions but based on something more then just if they "feel" someone is ready to rank up.

My suggestion is that you need a win in any squad to be able to move into the next one. So for example, you are in charlie and want to be bravo, now you need to first team up in charlie, win a game make a screenshot, report that to the team/squd leader and then you can get to bravo.

10. VanValdenburg

changed some things, please let me know what you think

11. Rnmxy1

Rnmxy1 Inactive

thats much better. no reason for people spam non sense on discord just to get ranked.

12. VanValdenburg

its a nice system i wanted to use but maybe this is not the right way to use it.
    It was great though to see the chat active, even when there was a lot of silly posts :D

13. Latvian Viking

Winning a game with a squad means nothing. Squad just might pull you out. Remember, if there is ranks based on skill, it means, new player will always be able to win with squad. So that win will mean nothing. However, if you get people votes, for example - You win a game with bravo squad. Take screenshot, and then the 3 people of that squad reports to team leader/admin, if the player is ready or not. In that way, we would be able to eliminate "game pulled out by squad members" factor and establish much more communication around every group.
    Anyway, tnx for changes Van! :) It`s really cool that you listen to other members hehe.

14. kiwiTee

kiwiTee ⭐⭐⭐

Please consider having one room in Bravo for U18 ... just because some of them are annoying, it doesn't mean that all of them are. I know we have a few quite mature U18 in U4G and would like to ask for a chance to include them.
    If it doesn't work out in the end or the channel won't be frequented at all, we can always revoke it, but I strongly suggest giving them a chance. :)

15. VanValdenburg

It does very well mean something to win a squad game. Ofc you can be pushed but that`s intentional.
    Not everyone is the best shot but has other qualities to win the game in a squad.

Like you want it, its too difficult i guess.
    We cant have all that stuff :D
    Think about it:

People need to play with a certain squad.
    They need to play till they won.
    They need to make a screenshot from that win.
    They need to upload the screenshot, make a forum post and make a poll.
    They need to get exactly the people who played with them to vote.
    Rarely anyone will do this and we will be here in one year with no active bravo squad :)

The voting system is a good idea but we cant have it so specialized imo.
    Maybe we can have it that you need to post a screenshot and get 4 votes no matter from who in the squad.

16. VanValdenburg

Agree but now is not the time. I dont want to attract any under aged players again so we stumble in the same situation.

17. kiwiTee

kiwiTee ⭐⭐⭐

Yup, I absolutely see your point. Things need to calm down first. :)

18. Latvian Viking

So now everyone is in Bravo. Not only it was too easy, but you made it even more achievable. It`s just like charlie, it means completely nothing now. And as for 1600 rank for Alpha?Are you kidding me? Everyone with a tiny bit of brain can get 1600, this is not about skill of the people anymore, or purpose of the Alpha squad. Just like now everyone who is not lazy enough can be Bravo, now everyone who is not lazy enough will be alpha lol. So that is what you are aiming for?

19. VanValdenburg

Yes this is all intended to get more people situated and into the community.
    Everyone is charlie squad, you join discord and you are charlie, Charlie is basically just a label.
    It should not be hard to get into Bravo but just take some dedication.
    It should not impossible for decent players to get into alpha but just take some deeper understanding in tactics and squad play.

I understand you guys but i have no intention in locking U4G down creating an elitist thinking and core groups that do not enjoy playing with new people.
    If you do not want to play with new people, and think staying with the same ~5 people is the way to go, you maybe should think about why you joined U4G and look for another community that is more "clan" like.

So before you complain about bravo being too easy to get into, please understand that we want to get as much as new people into the rows as possible and use the squads as a tool for guiding people to team up with likeminded plaers rather then having them as a strict ladder or ranking system.

It is still hard to get into alpha since you need approval of a team leader or higher.
    Ingame skill does say little about your real skill in a group.

Just to explain the concept of the squads here a rundown:

Charlie is the randoms, people who just joined, people who dont know if they want to stay or dont plan to stay.

Bravo is our daily players, all the people who plan to stay and already played and won with people who think the same.

Alpha is our regulars, players that already prove they belong here and stay. They already played with our leaders and got approval that they fit into alpha.

As of now, there was little to no use for bravo and alpha.
    People that where with us and decided to stay where doomed to play in the charlie channels.
    This has changed now and people can actually trickle down the squads.
    If we feel we need another squad that is more competitive, we can add a fourth one.
    Also if we feel that there is too many players trickling down, we can adjust.

Yes there will be people in bravo squad you might not have played with.
    But they played with a full squad and won and that should be enough for them to rank up.
    This way squads can decide themselves and take action on ranking up without the old members or leaders having any decision on it.
    We dont want one core group, we want groups that coexist with each other.
    We cant achieve this when trying locking the system down for new dedicated players.

Not everyone wants to play with everyone.
    My solution is not locking it down like most clans but an attempt in opening it up, with a system.
    Not "banning" people i personally dont like but giving others the chance to team up with them if they enjoy the company.
    This way people who might not have found the right person to play with now have a chance doing so. Because they are not confronted with the same old people.

I enjoyed the weekend with all the new faces especially yesterday.
    All New groups formed and played together, won and ranked up.

on a last note: try to see charlie bravo alpha more as themed rooms
    you want to just start a game and dont care about having a laughter and die? Join Charlie
    you want to play a game with some and maybe win? Join Charlie
    You want to try hard and lead a team to victory? Join Alpha

20. I Steal Your Duck

I Steal Your Duck Inactive

"the attendee is aware of our "two men rule" while looting
    must understand the stances "traveling" "traveling overwatch" "bounding overwatch"
    must understand the concept of fireteams"

Can someone explain those terms to me?