• Check out the Weekly Events: EVENTS

Info Server offline for Holiday break

Discussion in 'ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by VanValdenburg, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg Admin Staff Member Bravo Squad Charlie Squad Delta Squad PUBG U4G Content Creator Moderator Crossout Albion Online Crossout General Donator

Hey guys am afraid to tell you that we decided to take the server offline for now, until our main admin(castiel/nebmahnrub) is back from his holidays.
    We just do not have enough staff that can handle the server backend administration.

The server will be online again aproximately at the end of this month on the 25th.

We sincerely thank anyone who was helping so far to keep the server going, we will be back!

If you feel you can help us in the future you can head over to the current moderator application thread: http://united4games.com/community/threads/mod-application.892/

2. Lordy

Lordy Inactive

How does this help the situation?

There's an admin and a moderator frequently online sorting out issues the last two reports on the forums are people who haven't read the rules and apart from that there's nothing wrong.

Your community, Your decision just a little annoying how i literally just joined the community and know 20+ hours have gone to waste likley that my group of friends (9 Players) will find somewhere else to play and the server wont get taken down.

Hope you find an alternative solution, I'm here to help out deal with the children if you need it.

3. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg Admin Staff Member Bravo Squad Charlie Squad Delta Squad PUBG U4G Content Creator Moderator Crossout Albion Online Crossout General Donator

Hey man thanks for your input and the offer to help.
    However it is not only related to the work of player administration, like you mentioned.
    But also about the server backend administration like plugins/logs etc. that needs to be maintained.

This step to close the server was not only my decision and was discussed with all RoK admins.
    Two admins are currently not able to moderate the server, one is in holiday and the other got serious health problems.
    The only active admin that was online is Panda and he can not handle all by his own, i hope everyone understands this.

The alternative solution would not be optimal and most likely lead to disappointment on the players side.
    We rather wait till we have enough staff again to run the server like it should :)

4. Lord Tryion

Lord Tryion Inactive

Would you guys be able to turn the server off so we don't lose everything to crest decay? Thank you.

VanValdenburg likes this.
  5. Lordy

Lordy Inactive

Well good luck with everything not going to sit around and wait for all my work to come back, If you really think that locking the server for over a week is a good idea then you shouldn't be running a community.

Was a staff member in a community called TmF Gaming for over 5 years and never have i seen something as poorly practised as this.

If anyone wants to join the new server we're going to play hit me up on steam, won't be returning if it takes until the 25th to fix.

pce

6. VanValdenburg

Good Luck man hope you have success :)

7. VanValdenburg

Thanks for reminding, the server is now offline and everything should stay like it is till it's back online.

8. Lord Tryion

Lord Tryion Inactive

Hello I was just wondering if the server will be up today? Any information would be nice thank you. :)

9. VanValdenburg

Hey man sorry for the late reply but we have no actual date when our admin will be back from holiday exactly. Once he is back there will be a forum thread stating that the server is back online. We will also send out emails to tell you guys :)